Monday, October 4, 2010

Globetrotters

So as most of you know, last week Amanda and I traveled back to the great state of Texas. On one hand, we had quite a bit of wedding work to get done - vendors to meet, venues to book. On the other, Amanda was in desperate need of defrosting after six months stranded in Washington.

It was a brilliant trip. We spent the first few days in Dallas with my sister, Maren, veterinarian extraordinaire working at the Dallas zoo. We watched a few movies, played a bit of soccer, and Amanda tried Indian food for the first time. Excellent trip.

After that, we drove out to East Texas to visit Amanda's family. S



Maren and me before we went out to eat Indian food
We had a wonderful and delightful trip and made many memories that will last a lifetime. I was able to see a few good friends while visiting which is always welcomed! I miss all my Texas friends dearly! Also, I was able to see my family and quite a lot of extended family as well. It was nice getting to introduce Scott as my fiance and show my ring to all the women! Fun times!


Amberly and Gena hosted dinner for Scott and me! Love her curtains!
 I am certain Scott and I both gained 10+ pounds during our trip to Texas! No lie, but something to note-we started our healthy diet right back up today. Food is always one of the highlights to Texas. You can not even get close to the quality of Tex Mex up here! Taco Bueno was our first stop and then we hit up Fuzzy Taco's, McAlister's, Mi Chula's, Bodacious BBQ, Johnny Cariono's and many more throughout our 9 day trip.

The whole reason we traveled was for my Grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary! What a joy and honor to be able to celebrate that amazing day with them! They were so thrilled about their party and everyone that was there. Those memories will be cherished in my heart for years to come. I can only hope Scott and I will get the chance to experience 50 years of love, life, and memories together. : ) People don't always get that blessing.


Amazing shot Scott took!




So cute! :)
Lastly, we did get to squeeze in some wedding planning! We will let you know when and where very soon. Actually, we are trying to decide between two dates and then we will be signing the contract. I was able to get to go dress shopping with my Mom, Erin (sister-in-law), Lauren (niece), and my good friend Amberly the day before we flew out. It was a ton of fun! And I found a dress I loved but I will look a little up here in Washington before making any final decisions.

Newly engaged couple with the 50 year Rookies!

Everyone-the people who left early-Scott=this picture
Hope you all had a great Monday! ~A.

Amanda + Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment