Sunday, October 31, 2010

Treasure Hunt

Since I have decided on my wedding dress, the hunt for bridesmaids dresses began! I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted and I didn't want it to be a typical bridesmaids dress. Sure, I am okay if they don't wear again but I wanted something more unique than your standard satin dress. I originally thought I would like to have a dress that had a lace overlay to give the dress some texture but I couldn't find one. David's Bridal had one in a color I liked but it was short and floor length was a requirement. Becky got to be my model  a couple of weeks ago and did a great job. We found a couple we both liked but I didn't feel the need to marry them as my choice.

So then I spent a few hours online, like all brides do, to search through endless amounts of colors, fabrics, designers, and cuts of dresses I found one that I really liked and could possibly love. It's a Bill Levkoff design, http://www.billlevkoff.com/. And by the way, he has an amazing website, you should check it out! I was most certainly impressed with the quality and ease of use compared to all the other websites I surfed before getting to his. After I had found a few others of his I liked, I thought the hard part was over-boy was I wrong!

I ended up calling all the stores that carry Bill Levkoff in the state of Washington the next day! Out of the 12 stores, I was able to speak to 5 of them and they confirmed they didn't have that design in store therefore  not allowing me to see the actual dress. I was bummed! : ( What a treasure hunt this ended up being. But the next morning, I got a call back saying they had that dress in stock! Things were taking a turn for the better and then I got two more calls telling me they had that dress too. What was nice is that this cut the driving time down from at least an one hour trip down to 30 minutes.

On Saturday, Scott, Cortney, and myself made the trip up to the bridal store to check the dress out. Scott was a trooper and gets the "best support fiancee award." Cortney looked lovely and was a fantastic model as well. It comes to no surprise though, that I will have the most beautiful bridesmaids any bride could wish for! The trip was short and sweet. We saw the dress, LOVED it, looked at the colors and confirmed what we had thought. It's going to be sable (chocolate color) with a camel (champagne color) sash. : )


Okay, I am not going to ruin the surprise of the bridesmaid dresses since I built up all this suspense but I will leave you with my second and third favorite! Enjoy! ~A.



Amanda + Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment