Sunday, October 24, 2010

Holy Guacamole!

One of the things I miss the most about Texas, is the Tex-Mex. There is nothing like it on the face of the earth and I have been going through withdrawals that I am quite sure is starting to take a toll on me from being the Pacific Northwest. A few months back, Scott and I discovered a restaurant called The Matador that is comparable to Tex Mex. We make every opportunity to visit there as often as we can. : )

Have you heard of groupon? It's a group coupon that you can buy online at http://www.groupon.com/. You put in your email address and choose your location and then you start getting daily email of groupons. The groupon can be for restaurants, spa services, fun places to go, etc. You can save some serious cash if you can catch what you are looking for. I bought my first groupon a few weeks ago for another so called "Tex-Mex" restaurant here in Washington. Scott and I ended up getting to go and use it yesterday for lunch and it's my new favorite place to eat! What is the restaurant's name you ask? It's Chevy's. It's great-the colors of the place, the staff, and most importantly they know how to make some salsa. It was so yummy-I couldn't stop eating and my mouth is watering just thinking about it. The tableside fresh made guacamole didn't hurt either!

Now we will be going there quite often! I am proud of Scott because now he has developed a good appetite for true "Tex Mex" and is almost as addicted to it as I am. Our kids don't stand a chance! haha

I must run so I can start dinner....too bad Chevy's isn't close or I would let them cook for me! ~A.

Amanda + Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment