Sunday, October 24, 2010

"The Dress"

After working at David's Bridal, I can tell you almost anything and everything about wedding dresses. Whether it's satin, organza, chiffon, or lace to A-line to ball gown to form fitting, what under garments goes with what cut and what type of dress flatters your shape-I have seen it all. I had fun helping hundreds of brides find "the dress" along with the rest of the bridal party-bridesmaids (BM), flower girls (FG), and mother of the brides (MOB). The wedding dress is hands down the most important dress a woman will ever wear. And given that fact, there is much anticipation, excitement, and sometimes fear of finding the wedding dress.

When Scott and I were down in Texas, I was able to get to go try on some dresses with my Mom, Erin (sister-in-law), Lauren (my niece and flowergirl), and Amberly (dear friend and bridesmaid). It was a lot of fun but it did feel odd to be the Bride, which I am now adjusted to being! : ) I had hopes that I would find a dress I would like but ended up falling in LOVE with a Maggie Sottero design. I left Texas knowing I would have to try that dress on again in Washington to be able to "make sure" it was the one for me. This past Friday, I had the day off work and I got to go with my wonderful friend, Becky who is one of my Matron's of Honor, to try on dresses again. It was very special and memorable to be able to go with her because we used to work together at David's Bridal.

I LOVED the dress even more and I have decided that it will be my most important dress! It's very exciting and so perfect it feels surreal when I have it on. I have always joked that I would love my wedding dress so much that after the wedding, I would clean the house in it-and now that's not so funny because I seriously might do it! : ) (don't judge) It feels great to be able to see the dress when I think about exchanging vows with Scott. Now that finding the wedding dress is marked off the list, it's on to finding the "perfect" bridesmaids dresses. Well right after I put in my order for the beautiful dress-it takes at least 4 months to get in. It's well worth the wait! : ) ~A.

Amanda + Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment