Thursday, December 2, 2010

S'more Cupcakes, please?!?!

So I have decided I love making cupcakes. It's time consuming but it's fun. I made some cupcakes for Scott's birthday a couple of weeks ago and tried something new. Filling the cupcakes. It didn't turn out too terrible considering all of them were ate. Of course, that's not saying much because Scott will eat ANYTHING! : )

We were asked to bring a dessert for Thanksgiving and I had no intention of making cupcakes until I found a S'more cupcake recipe by Ray Rachel. It's not so much the taste that caught my eye as it was the presentation. They had graham crackers, chocolate chips, and marshmellows on the top. Who could resist such a cute little cupcake that is screaming, "Eat me!"

On Thanksgiving, we set out to make our cupcakes and had all of the needed items. However, during breakfast I told Scott I just got an idea to make the cupcakes better. Seriously, these are Cupcake War worthy. I am prepping to go on the show! JK Check out our final cupcakes below:

They were decorated with graham crackers, chocolate chips, and marshmellows.
YUMMY!


I love how they turned out!
The idea: I have a ton of crafting stuff from left over projects. I just recently made customized wooden hangers for our wedding day that has our names stamped on them. When I purchased the alphabet stamps, I also got these fall theme ones only because I wanted the maple leaf (crazy, I know). I hadn't used the fall stamps at all and wanted to be able to do so. Light bulb went off and decided we needed to make Thanksgiving flags and add them to the cupcakes. It was fun to make them!

How to make them:
  • Take card stock and and stamp them. I used yellow, brown, and creme card stock and the stamps that I already had.
  • Cut the words out with the theme designed scissors.
  • Use toothpicks and tape the words on to them.
Everyone seemed to enjoy them! : ) Don't forget to look for me on Cupcake Wars.....
~A.

Amanda + Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment