Thursday, November 25, 2010

***SNOW***

We had our first snow this past Sunday. It was beautiful and we enjoyed going to church in the weather. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy driving in it on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. : ) Not only did we get about 3 inches of snow but we had a ton of ice everywhere due to the extremely cold conditions. (14 degrees one night!!?!?!)

For those of you that know we really well, you know that Texas doesn't get much weather like that and this Southern girl does not do well great driving in them. I love my Honda CRV but it's 2 wheel drive. Fortunately, I made it through the week with my Honda all in one piece and without a ditch experience. The only casualty there may have been is a few of my hairs turning brown to gray! It was stressful!

So not only was the weather beautiful and we still have snow on the ground today for Thanksgiving, but it allowed me to expand my knowledge on a couple of other things:
  • Ice Scraper-I snagged an ice scraper this year when I was volunteering for a community event car show. We were stuffing goody bags and someone made the comment that if you didn't have an ice scraper, you should grab one. Oh boy, am I glad I did. Me and my ice scraper got to spend quality time together for at least 10 minutes for 3 mornings. You can say that on my being thankful list is that ice scraper. : )

    Before my ice scraper
    
    
  • Snowballs, Snow angels, and Ski lessons-Scott and I got the bright idea that we wanted to play in the snow on Monday evening. Granted it was dark because it gets dark about 5pm or earlier here. We got bundled up and headed out. I was schooled in how to make a correct snowball and was shown when properly made it does it's job quite well. We made snow angels (Mine was better than Scott's; He even said so). And then I got some pre-ski lessons. Scott was preparing me for our first ski trip that is coming up this weekend. We made a small snowman which I think is cute. We would have made it bigger but the snow wasn't wet enough when we tried the "rolling" thing that you see on TV. Scott went to school in Minnesota so he is educated in all of this very important stuff! It seriously is one of my favorite memories with Scott!


Our little tiny snowman! : )
 We are looking forward to this holiday season and all the festivities that it will bring! ~A.



Amanda + Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment