Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cleverer Every Day

After three busy months of wedding planning, if I have one tip for prospective grooms out there, it would be this: Marry a wedding planner. I'm not saying you should leave your current girlfriend, wife, or beloved partner, but I am saying it would probably make your life easier. We have been unstoppable planners, in spite of the fact that, for much of it, I was barely conscious.

This is not just because I'm a selfish and lazy person.* It's just that Amanda is so focused and driven that she makes the Terminator look like a bit of a flake.

Which is not to say that I'm entirely without responsibility. I had to ask my groomsmen, for example. I've also been entrusted with designing our Save the Date cards. I'm glad Amanda has entrusted me with this task, but I'm not an arrogant guy. It's not like I'm so proud of my Save the Dates that I'm going to mention them throughout the rest of this blog.

But wedding planning is more than about designing brilliant Save the Date cards, the likes of which Picasso can only envy. It's also about engagement photos, taken by my very own father. He did a great job, and we can't wait to show you the final product. Keep an eye out for them.

While the National Gallery considers my Save the Date cards for a possible exhibition, Amanda has been hard at work on part of the bridal party gifts. If you're one of our bridesmaids, groomsmen, matrons of honor or the best man, you have something to look forward to! If not, then this paragraph is probably just a bit awkward for both of us. I'm very sorry.

Anyway, we're busting with pride, excitement, and artistic ideas for Save the Dates which will probably endure as a highwater mark for Western Civilization. So we'll run for now, but check back next week! I'm hoping to teach Amanda to ski. We'll see if the wedding is still on come Monday. S

*Well, OK. It's MOSTLY because of it.
Amanda + Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment